ERACoBioTech opens the second call for transnational research projects in the field of biotechnologies. The call is open to funding organizations joined via the cooperation with FACCE Surplus from 16/10/2018 until 14/12/2018
VLAIO participates in this call with the program for company support. The total funding amount for VLAIO is estimated at 1 million euro. Only Flemish companies can participate directly. Research institutes can participate as a research partner or as a subcontractor of the applying company. The maximum funding per project indicatively should be lower than 500 000 euro.
Aim of the joint call
The aim of the call is to contribute to transforming the global economy from a dependence on fossil raw materials to a sustainable bio-based economy. Applications must be multidisciplinary and address one of the two topics as described below:
- Microbial communities (natural and synthetic), co-cultures and cascades of microorganisms for new products, value-added products and supply services and sustainable industrial processes.
- Pure cultures, cell free systems and enzymes for new products, value-added products and supply services and sustainable industrial processes
extended eligibility for vlaio
The Flemish part of the proposal should meet the national regulations as issued by VLAIO:
- Name of & link to the funding programmes:
- Research projects: https://www.vlaio.be/nl/subsidies-financiering/onderzoeksproject
- Development projects: https://www.vlaio.be/nl/subsidies-financiering/ontwikkelingsproject
- Application for funding via Agentschap Innoveren en Ondernemen:
- Additional templates to be completed: https://www.vlaio.be/nl/subsidies-financiering/onderzoeksproject/aanvraagprocedure
- 'Annex internationaal onderzoeksproject' or 'Annex international research project'
- 'Template projectbegroting o&o project'
Those completed templates are mandatory to check the national eligibility and must be send to the Agentschap Innoveren en Ondernemen. We kindly ask the applicants to apply for a meeting with the Agentschap Innoveren en Ondernemen ultimately two weeks before the deadline for submission to check the eligibility aspects.
application procedures & evaluation
In a one-phased submission process, the proposals will be evaluated by a panel of independent experts (IEP), following the evaluation criteria published with the Call Anouncement. Projects are expected to start from September 2019, depending on grant negotiations with the relevant regional or national funding organisations.
+32 (0) 2 432 42 09
+32 (0) 494 494 064